It happens sooner or later depending on the type of vehicle you drive and how it's used, but eventually if you drive your car or truck long enough or hard enough, it will need transmission repair at some point. Your vehicle will usually tell you if something is wrong. In addition to the obvious check engine light, here are a few warning signs that your car or truck may need transmission repair.
Contact us if you notice any of these signs. Don't ignore them, they won't magically go away and the longer you wait the greater your chances are for needing a full transmission rebuild.
- Problems with shifting gears
- Falling out of gear while driving
- Hesitation when putting car into gear
- Jerking when shifting gears
- Gears shifting by themselves
- Grinding or shimmying between gears
- Unusual noises and "whines"
- Red, cloudy transmission fluid leaking under car
- Burning smell when getting out of car
Come down to our shop today or call and schedule a service time that's convenient for you. We're always ready to get you back out on the road